As with so many things, COVID-19 has forced us to re-imagine and re-vamp our popular 4th Grade Tours program. But, we won’t let an ongoing pandemic keep our local students from discovering the wonders of the Choctaw heritage and culture! This year, schools can choose the best way for their students to experience Choctaw Days.
CHOCTAW DAYS at LRMA
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
LRMA is excited to host those schools and home-schools that can travel on-site for an abbreviated Choctaw Days. While the program has been adapted to comply with COVID-related restrictions, students will be immersed in Choctaw culture through guided gallery-tours, hands-on demonstrations, interactive learning games and creative craft projects.
To reserve a time-slot for your class, or learn more about the program, please CLICK HERE.
CHOCTAW DAYS in the CLASSROOM
For those schools that cannot currently travel off-site, LRMA will provide a FREE hybrid “kit” of both digital and tactile materials to simulate the Museum program at your school.
Each kit will include:
– Teacher’s Guide with Program Overview, Resources and Curriculum Connections
– Links to Virtual Gallery Tours of the By Native Hands exhibition
– Links to Curated Videos on Choctaw Culture and Customs
– Activity Kits with Individually-Packed Supplies for Students to complete up to 3 Crafts
– Interactive & Educational Games to play in the Classroom
To request a Choctaw Days Kit for your classroom, please CLICK HERE.